Are you an International Student looking to study Natural Medicine in Australia?
Endeavour College of Natural Health formerly Australian College of Natural Medicine was established in 1975.
Providing the highest standard of education, the most informed curriculum and constant expansion, Endeavour College of Natural Health is Australia's pre-eminent provider of education to the Natural Health sector and is committed to the future and success of Natural Health both in Australia and internationally.
Australia: Still the Best Place in the World to Live and Learn
Over 150,000 international students from approximately 140 nations come to Australia to study every year and this number continues to grow.
Some of the reasons why they choose Australia include:
- Australia provides a relaxed environment for work or study, the locals are friendly and accepting of all cultures.
- Australia is known for being clean and 'green'.
- The education in Australia has a reputation of being at a very high standard and at an affordable price in comparison to other Western countries such as the UK and USA.
- The political scene is stable and very supportive of international students.
- The cost of living in Australia is relatively low however the standard of living is high.
You have opportunities to explore the unique wildlife, Aboriginal culture, the outback and other spectacular environments.
The Complementary Medicine Sector is Growing
- Alternative medicine is taught in more than 50 per cent of US medical schools and 60 percent of US medical student participants want more education related to CAM during their time in medical school.
Source: A survey distributed to 126 U.S. medical schools conducted by a University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and University of California, San Diego, research team.
- The U.S. public spent an estimated $33.9 billion out-of-pocket on CAM therapies in 2007 and the amount has been increasing steadily since.
Source: the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
- Complementary and alternative medicine is used by more than 100 million EU citizens, 9 million of whom live in the UK.
Source: The Guardian newspaper.
- The percentage of Japanese respondents who had used at least one CAM therapy in the past 12 months was greater than those who had used orthodox Western medicine (76% vs 65.6%).
Source: nationwide, random sampled and population weighted telephone survey by Tsukuba College of Technology Clinic, Japan.
- 24% of New Zealand adults had visited a CAM practitioner over the 12 month study period. Massage therapists, homeopaths and naturopaths were among the most commonly consulted CAM practitioners.
Source: the 2002-03 New Zealand Health Survey.
- 44% of Endeavour College alumni working in clinical practice either own or operate a clinical practice as a sole trader or in partnership compared with 26% of respondents who worked for a clinic they did not own.
Source: Endeavour College alumni survey, 2012.
Endeavour is the Only Choice!
- The largest Natural Health College in the Southern Hemisphere with six campuses across Australia (five campuses available to international students - Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Perth). Students can transfer campuses between semesters/trimesters.
- Offering four Bachelor of Health Science Degrees that ensure graduates have an evidence based degree with a complementary medicine modality.
- All of Endeavour College’s campuses are situated in exciting metropolitan locations.
- Endeavour are frontrunners in the development and deployment of Online Learning which means engaging and productive learning.
- Practice in a real clinic environment - our fully equipped student clinic is open to the public and treats over a thousand patients nationally each week
- Our library houses the largest and most comprehensive collection of Natural Health resources and online references in the Southern Hemisphere
Contact our International Student Team for more information:
- +61 3 9655 9553