The College defines an International Student as someone who is not an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen or a permanent visa holder. This definition includes students studying onshore on a range of temporary visas (working holiday visa, tourist visa, student visa etc) or offshore as an online student. Information that applies only to students studying on specific visa classes (e.g. Student Visa) is specified when relevant. It should be noted that all international students pay fees specified for international students, regardless of visa subclass.

Student Visas

Student Visa Subclass Options

Australian international student visas are classified under the eight (8) subclasses (subclasses 570 to 576); however due to the type of courses offered by Endeavour, only the following visa subclasses are accepted for study at the College:

  • Higher education (573)
    Applies to a bachelor degree, associate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, higher education diploma, higher education advanced diploma or masters by coursework.
  • AusAID and Defence (576)
    Applies to students sponsored by AusAID or the Australian Department of Defence undertaking full-time courses of any type.

Student Visa Requirements

International students studying on a student visa must ensure they meet the conditions of their student visa at all times. Many student visa conditions are directly linked to the Colleges policies and procedures, particularly the Attendance Policy - International, and the Course Duration and Progress Policy - International.

Any change to the enrolment of these students must be reported to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) through the Provider Registration and International Student Management System (PRISMS) and this action may have a direct impact on the student’s visa.

Students studying on a student visa may not undertake less than a full time (100%) study load unless a reduced workload is due to compassionate and compelling circumstances, part of an approved intervention strategy or due to the application of course credit. These students may also only study a maximum of 25% of the total course in online study mode, and must always be enrolled and studying at least one subject / unit of study in face to face mode (on campus).

Student visa holders may only study courses registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) at campuses also registered on CRICOS. Only selected courses on the register are delivered by the College at any one time. Please see table under Intakes & Fees to confirm which courses are offered to international students at which campuses in 2014.

Other Temporary Visa Holders

Temporary Visa Options

Australian international temporary visas are varied and many subclasses of visa may be eligible to study in Australia. Please confirm with DIAC that your visa allows you to study prior to enrolling at the College. The following types of visa may allow you to study in Australia:

  • Employer Sponsored Workers visa (subclass 457)
  • Other Professional and Work visas (various subclasses)
  • Visitor visas (subclass 600)
  • Working Holiday visas (subclass 417 and 462)
  • Retirement visas (subclass 410 only)
  • Medical Treatment visas (subclass 602, 675, 685)
  • Bridging visas (various subclasses)

Other visas not listed above may allow you to study in Australia for a fixed period of time. If you hold another visa and are interested in studying at the College, please check with DIAC if you are eligible to study.

Temporary Visa Requirements

Temporary visa holders (students that hold a temporary visa other than a student visa) may enrol in any available course at any campus and may study full time or part time, online or face to face.

Prospective students on a temporary visa (other than a student visa) must provide the College with a copy of their current visa and passport before enrolling at the College. If the prospective student’s visa does not cover the length of the course, they must provide the College with a statement that explains the way in which they intend to complete the course. All visa matters are handled by DIAC. The College accepts no responsibility if students are unable to complete their course due to complications with visas etc.

Contact our International Student Team for more information: